Monday, October 10, 2016

Simplest bread ever...

Since watching Heather Pierce Giannone educate me on what went into bread, I've been reading the ingredients in what I buy more carefully.

This is particularly true of bread and I think now I've found the simplest of breads in the market. Check out Trader Joe's Petit Pain Pauline. They used to have a round loaf about twice this size(I dont  think they call it "Petit" - could be wrong -  but seem to have retired it in favor of this smaller size).



How simple can it get?


Just 3 ingredients:

  • Whole wheat flour
  • Water
  • Salt
(How in the world did they manage without yeast? Defies every cooking book I've read since elementary school!)

And here's the list of ingredients on the bread that it has replaced on the menu:




No comments:

Post a Comment